Well, I hope you survived 12.12.12 yesterday. At least 2 of my friends got engaged and another gave birth naturally and exactly on 12.12.12 at 12.12 (midnight). Spooky! Anyways, I’ve been having peppermint cookies lately and so tempted to bake these cookies at home. One of the things that I enjoy most being in the kitchen is I get a chance to experiment new flavors. I am a believer in endless possibilities, hence I like to taste something new that I haven’t tried before. Plus it challenges me to be more open-minded.
This time, I am so challenged to add peppermint, especially since I’m not a fan of this. So to make it
safe fun, I made oreo peppermint cookies. This little cookie has sweet and minty flavors in every bite, definitely a fun combo if you enjoy chocolate and peppermint. I use Godiva Chocolatier Dark Chocolate Peppermint Crunch which has 50% cacao in it. This signature dark chocolate comes with crunchy peppermint candy cane pieces and a touch of peppermint oil. Definitely the perfect holiday treat!
Oreo Peppermint Cookies
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gr (3.5 oz.) Godiva dark chocolate peppermint crunch, crushed
- 10 pcs oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer, whisk the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the peppermint and oreo, mix well with wooden spoon or spatula.
- Use an ice cream scoop, drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet, leaving 2-inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely