I must admit I’ve been dragging myself to go through the month of December. Celebrations, holidays, parties, vacations…ah, I’m so not in the mood to go working these days. Pssttt….don’t tell my boss. I’ve been so bad this year that I even haven’t shopped for Christmas presents yet. I’m sure my name will be added to Santa’s naughty list this year; hence I need to think of something to bribe him so I can get my presents this year…and suddenly this came to mind! I could see light bulb on top of my head with muffin image. Coffee Caramel Muffin! I must say this muffin is sooo good and moist – especially when they’re freshly baked, you can smell the flavor of caramel and taste of coffee. This muffin also has helped me to go through my morning lately. So, I hate Monday? Well, not really….
Coffee Caramel Muffin
- 2 cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbs caramel
- ¼ cup ground coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the pan with muffin cups.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and coffee.
- In a mixer, whisk the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour and milk in alternating batches. Then add the caramel, mix well.
- Divide among 12 prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.