Happy Monday! I hope you all have recovered from turkey attack last week. I didn’t mean to be away from blogging all week, but unconsciously did it and I felt so refreshed. Well, I always look forward to Thanksgiving (and Christmas) – fun, food, family, and of course, long weekend! We started the celebration on Wednesday with Frederick’s side and the party did not stop until Saturday. I also got a chance to meet a close friend from Seattle, aside from a wonderful weekend.
Now that we’re back to normal schedule, minus the holidays shopping and Christmas songs, everything seems to be back in order. Getting up early, breakfast time, and rushing to work. So to make it fun and exciting, here’s a quick breakfast item.
I love using bagel thin because they’re lighter, taste very good, and also serve as a great alternative to bread in general for sandwiches. And if you think you can’t have pizza for breakfast, then this one is for you because you can serve bagel thin with almost anything you like.
Chorizo Pizza Bagel
- 2 whole wheat bagel thin, split
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs chorizo
- 1 tbs chopped onion
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbs chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet.
- Place the bagel halves cut-side up on the baking sheet. Top each with tomato and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add onion on top, chorizo, sprinkle half of the the basil, then top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Sprinkle with the rest of basil.