I can’t believe that we’re two months away from 2013. Seems like only yesterday I started 2012, moved to SF, got married (woohoo!), started blogging, and now 2012 is almost over. So many things have changed, especially when I decided to blog and joined the foodie networks. Our kitchen and fridge are always full of yummy goodness, the oven works really hard and always make me proud with the results, and the dirty dishes keep piling up each time I’ve had fun in the kitchen. I learned so many new things – recipes and ingredients that I never pay attention before. One of them is cranberry, which I hesitant to give it a try in the beginning, but I’m glad I did. This muffin is so yummylicious with a bit tangy sweetness flavors. I honestly think streusel adds a bonus point on this muffin; however you can enjoy it without streusel.
Cranberry Coffee Cake Muffin
- 5 tbs butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 x 1/3-cup (80ml) capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- In a mixer, combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the flour mixture to the butter and mix well.
- Add 1 cup cranberries and mix with a wooden spatula, then scoop to the muffin tins.
- To make streusel: combine all the ingredients and sprinkle them on top of muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. Turn onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week. Click here to see more of Muffin 101.