Confession - I always fall for sea salt, any kind of sea salt. I have sea salt for cooking, baking, or even drinks, but mostly on sweets because I always think sweets and savory make a perfect duet. Just like Ross & Rachel on Friends, or Joey and Pacey on Dawson’s Creek, or Doug and Carol on ER, or Meredith and Derek on Grey’s Anatomy, or…ok, I better stop here or the list won’t stop.
Few weeks ago, a fellow blogger, Stephanie, shared about her trip to Canadian National Exhibition where she tried NutellaBBLT for the first time. Curious, I googled what’s all about. Turned out, Nutella BBLT is quiet famous there. It was Bacon Nation who created the menu and I went insane because of this. Literally! I remembered it was weekdays when I read about this and I couldn’t wait for weekend to come so I could spend more time in the kitchen making this.
So that weekend, I decided to make it happen and I was swoon. Who would have thought adding nutella to it? It was so brilliant that I craved for more last weekend. But this time, I just prepped it on the table without telling Frederick the secret ingredients. Now, Frederick is the kind of guy who prefers something ‘normal’ when it comes to food. So, I was quite surprised to find the fact that he loves it! In fact, I didn’t ask for his opinions, and he suddenly said, “it’s so good!”.
Just to make breakfast more fun, I also made pear and choco sea salt sandwich. I got this choco sea salt when we went to Portland. Choco sea salt is smoked sea salt, blended with dark chocolate to create a rich and versatile seasoning. It really gives a savory twist to any desserts. So, enjoy!
Serves: 1 of each
- 4 slices bread – white or wheat
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 leaves iceberg lettuce, fresh and torn
- 2-4 slices of tomato
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
- Chocolate sea salt
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, arrange the bacon on the rack. Bake in the preheated oven until crisp, about 20 minutes
2.Toast the bread
3. Spread the nutella on each slice of toasted bread
4. Arrange 2 slices of bacon, lettuce, tomato, and top with another layer of bacon
5. Bring the two pieces together to make a sandwich and enjoy!
For Pear Choco Sea Salt:
- Spread the nutella on each slice of toasted bread
- Arrange pear on one side of the bread
- Sprinkle chocolate sea salt
- Bring the two pieces together to make a sandwich and enjoy!