Making donut has been on my list for quite some time; however I’m not someone who adores frying in the kitchen. I like baking because it uses less oil and of course less guilty.
Oh boy, there are tons of doughnut recipes out there. Okay, perhaps I’m exaggerating too much, but still there are lots of recipes that really confusing. Each recipe has its own ingredients and they all look so good. Some takes over an hour because it contains yeast and that needs to develop well. Well okay, I’m crossing that off my list…perhaps for next time. I’m looking for something practical at this point.
So, I was struck when I found this recipe: 3-ingredients baked doughnut. It’s quick and simple, exactly what I was looking for.
Adapted from Lauren’s Latest *
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- 6 tbs all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp oil
- Confectiones sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine nutella, peanut butter, egg, egg yolk, flour, and oil. Spoon evenly into doghnut pan and fill cavities evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely and dust with confectioner sugar.
* original recipe uses 2/3 cups of nutella and no peanut butter or oil.